Adopting a Friend
We want to ensure that all of our dogs go to wonderful new permanent
homes. We work hard to find the best home for each individual
dog, to create a lasting "love connection" between
new owner and pet. We find that many dogs end up homeless because
their former owner/guardian did not take the time to find the
best dog for their individual situation. To that end, all potential
adopters are carefully screened through our application process.
We get to know all of our dogs really well, and we want to
find out about you so we can introduce you to dogs who will
fit in best with you and your family.
Our adoption process is:
- Completed Adoption Application
- Satisfactory veterinarian and personal references
- Home visit
- Adoption Fee, $175 which covers the adoption
- Signed Adoption Contract
- Follow-up contact to check on progress
- Due to us being a not-for-profit rescue group, we adopt our
fosters within an hour driving distance from Matthews, NC area.
Sorry but we are not able to travel any further distances and we
do not ship animals.
All Dogs are:
- Given routine vaccines
- Spayed/Neutered prior to placement
- Heartworm tested/treated/maintained on preventive RX
- Kept in foster homes so their behavior/temperament and
likes/dislikes are known
- Microchipped for identification
We ask a $175 adoption fee for each of our dogs. Every dog is
spayed or neutered, given vaccinations, de-wormed, microchipped and
provided with any other necessary medical treatment before they go
to their new home. We deliver each dog personally, and conduct a
home check with each adoption.
You can get a jump start on the adoption process by filling out our
S.A.F.E. Animal Haven
PO Box 3206
Matthews, NC 28106
Note that this address is for MAIL ONLY.
Click here to
view our adoptable pets!